Monday 12 July 2010

Film Diary 2010

As it's been a year since I started my blog, I thought it was about time for an update on the films I've watched since the 2009 post. I've not watched as many films recently, but here's a list of what I've seen -


Life of Kenji Mizoguchi dir:Kaneto Shindo
Miyoko Asagaya dir: Tsubota Yoshifumi
Mind Game dir: Masaaki Yusa
Toyd dir:?
Sea and Poison dir:Kei Kumai
Assasination of Ryoma dir:Kazuo Kuroki
Life of O'Haru dir: Mizoguchi Kenji
Trees Without Leaves dir:Kaneto Shindo
Humanity and Paper Balloons dir:Sadao Yamanaka
Drunken Angel: Akira Kurosawa
Onibaba dir:Kaneto Shindo
The Funeral dir: Juzo Itami
Coup D'Etat dir: Yoshida Kiju
Sado/Third Base dir: Yoichi Higashi
Branded to Kill: Seijun Suzuki
Dear Doctor dir:Miwa Nishikawa
Woman of Water dir:Hidenori Sugimori
The Affair dir: Yoshida Kiju
Air Doll dir:Hirokazu Kore-eda
A2 dir:Tatsuya Mori
Crazed Fruit dir:Ko Nakahira
Fried Dragon Fish dir:Shunji Iwai
Twilight dir: Tengai Amano
















A film I'd also really like to see soon is Koji Wakamatsu's, Caterpillar, which was nominated for the Golden Bear award at last year's 60th Berlin International Film Festival, actress Shinobu Terajima won the best actress award for her role in the film, Wakamatsu took his inspiration from an Edogawa Rampo short story,it tells the story of a soldier returning horrifically wounded from the Sino-Japanese war. Another film shown at the same festival was Yoji Yamada's Ototo/About Her Brother a film due to be released on dvd soon. A film I'm hoping to see soon is Takeshi Kitano's latest Outrage, and also a film I missed when it was released but want to see is The Clone Returns to the Homeland (2008)dir:Kanji Nakajima.

No comments: